Last update: June 11, 2021
Ome, Inc and our affiliates (“Ome”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain about consumers and other individuals identified below, how we may use the personal information, with whom we may share it, and the choices available regarding our use of the personal information. The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal information and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use The Information We Collect
- Information Sharing
- Your Choices
- Notice to California Residents
- Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Updates To Our Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
Information We Collect
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the products and services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, phone number, and email and postal address;
- Account information, such as online password and other log-in details used to access Ome products and services;
- Payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf. Ome stores only the last four digits of your payment card and the expiration date;
- The geolocation of your mobile device if you consent to the collection of this data. Certain features, such as Geofence, collect geolocation in the background (that is, when the app is running but is minimized or not visible on your screen), but only with your permission when you enable these features;
- Product setup information, such as the name and description of your Ome product (for example, “Ome Smart Knob – Main Kitchen”) and the location where you install your Ome product, and adjustments you make to the product setup;
- Technical information about your Ome product, such as your Wi-Fi network information and signal strength, and your Ome product’s model, serial number and software version;
- Data about your interactions with our websites and mobile apps;
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages;
- Information we obtain from third-party social media services (e.g., Facebook) or payment services (e.g., PayPal) if you choose to link to, create or log into your Ome account through these services (including when you share Ome content via your social media account);
- Information we obtain from third-party business partners such as your account ID, account name and email address;
- Information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Ome, such as contact details, information in your resume and details about your current employment;
- Other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools on our websites or mobile apps.
When you interact with our products and services, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website or app visits. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services; (3) tailor the services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our products and services and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our online services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our products and services to you;
- Establish and manage your Ome account and profile;
- Process and fulfill claims and orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- Personalize your experience with our products and services;
- Allow you to stream, save and share content through our services;
- Identify and authenticate you so you may access certain content or use certain of our services;
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services) and provide customer support;
- Allow you to interact with certain third-party products or services (for example, to enable you to link to, or view content from, third-party sites within our services);
- Perform analytics (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Manage career opportunities at Ome; including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other HR purposes;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service.
We also may use the personal information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
When you use our websites and apps, information about your online activities may be collected to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you except as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share your personal information with (1) our affiliates and subsidiaries and (2) our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, customer service, order fulfillment and data analytics and storage. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share personal information with our business partners (1) with whom we jointly offer products and services; and (2) for payment processing and fraud prevention purposes.
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (5) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice. You also may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communications you receive or email email@example.com. We do need to send you certain communications about our products and services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications. This includes, for example, information about billing.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Support.
Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (2) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section below.
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Other Third-Party Services and Features
Our products, services, or websites may allow you to link to those of third parties in order to provide certain features or experiences.
In addition, our website and mobile apps may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter or PayPal buttons).
These third-party services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Ome is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices. By using or engaging with such services and features, you are requesting and authorizing us to transfer or provide access to information on your behalf, for example, your account ID, email address, data about your Ome device usage or collected by your Ome device, etc.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Policies for Children
We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. Ome’s products and services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a notice on our websites and mobile apps to notify you of significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, change your preferences or exercise other applicable data protection rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
8311 Brier Creek Parkway
Suite 105, #503
Raleigh, NC 27617
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures:
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page (“Disclosure”) supplements the Ome Privacy Notice and is effective as of June 11, 2021. The Ome Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as payment card information;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you share this information with us as part of participating in our beta program or responding to a survey;
- commercial information, such as purchase history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- geolocation data, such as the location of devices to provide community-based features
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you interact with Ome as a representative of a vendor or business partner of ours; and
- inference data, such as information about your interest in different Ome products and services.
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if you choose to connect with us through our customer support;
- personal information, such as payment card details, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services; geolocation data if you choose to share it;
- audio or visual information, for example recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes; and
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you interact with Ome as a representative of a vendor or business partner of ours in order to conduct business between our companies.
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act, to request information about the collection of your personal information by Ome, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Ome has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No Discrimination. Ome will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Effective Date: June 11, 2021
Ome, Inc and our subsidiaries (collectively, “Ome”, “we” or “our”) respect your concerns about privacy.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and may be used to transmit information collected through Cookies back to a web server.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN THROUGH COOKIES?
The information we may obtain through cookies includes your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to Sites.
3. COOKIES USED ON OUR SITES
We use Analytics Cookies to understand how users navigate and use our Sites. For example, these cookies collect information on the pages they view, how long they stay on a page and whether the page is displayed correctly or whether errors occur. Such cookies help us to improve the performance of our Sites in various ways, such as:
- Refining our Sites based on how customers use them;
- Optimizing the pages and features customers use the most;
- Testing different versions of pages and features to find the best solutions for customers;
We use Advertising Cookies to serve certain types of advertisements, including for products and services not available on Omekitchen.com and for certain ads relevant to your interests.
Advertising Cookies may collect information on whether a user has reacted to an advertisement or visited another website or application. Such cookies help us offer you content and provide targeted information that seems more relevant to your interests. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and control and limit the frequency of advertisements and other information being displayed to you.
Essential Cookies are necessary to navigate our Sites and use its functions and thus cannot be disabled. These cookies help us collect certain information, such as your session ID and other server information, which enables us to provide services such as authenticating users through security features like Two-Step Verification. Essential Cookies will remain on your browser until you remove them, which may impact your ability to navigate our Site and use its functions.
4. YOUR CHOICES
You can manage your data preferences using the built-in tools of your browser by selecting the appropriate settings. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, how to disable or remove existing cookies and when cookies will expire. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please note, however, that without certain cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Sites or our products or services. For example, if you disable all essential cookies in your browser, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout or use any our Sites that require login. You may also need to manually adjust some of your preferences every time you visit one of our Sites.
5. CONTACT US