On this episode of the Project Sustainability Podcast, Akshita Iyer, CEO and founder of Ome, talks to host Peggy Smedley about how smart technology can bring greater convenience to the home — and the kitchen in particular.
Since the pandemic, the home has become more important than ever. As many people continue to work remotely, we’re cooking at home more than before and overall spend more time at our homes. With that, we increasingly look to technology to support and automate parts of our daily routines so we can focus on what matters most to us — whether that’s spending time with our families or pursuing our favorite hobbies.
Here are some of the key points Akshita and Peggy discuss:
- How technology and automation can help us maintain a healthy work-life balance and give us more time to do what what matters most
- The importance of bringing cohesion to how we interact with all the various smart technologies in our home
- How to ensure your smart tech devices blend seamlessly into your home and daily routines — enhancing your lifestyle rather than disrupting it
- The need to decrease the barrier of adoption by making smart home technology more affordable
- Gadgets vs. smart tech that is intuitive and builds upon already familiar behaviors
- Why the kitchen is still lagging behind the rest of the home when it comes to innovation and intuitive smart tech
- Why Akshita started Ome to fill a gap in the smart kitchen market
- How the Ome Smart Knob can enhance your cooking routine and provide more safety and peace of mind in the kitchen
Listen to the full conversation with Akshita and Peggy:
Podcast Interview with Akshita Iyer, CEO & Founder of Ome: Bringing Greater Convenience to the Home with Smart Technologies