Chef Andrew Forlines talks with Ome founder Akshita Iyer about their smart knob, future home kitchen trends, and more. Chef Andrew Forlines is a fine dinining chef turned home kitchen appliance tech expert teaching homeowners and kitchen designers about the latest and greatest features and functions available in modern home kitchen appliances.
Akshita is the founder and CEO of Ome, whose patented technology allows you to remotely control your stove by simply replacing the knobs, so you can experience peace of mind whether you're in the kitchen or kicked out of it.
Some of the topics Akshita and Chef Andrew discuss include:
- The benefits and value of the Ome Smart Knob — the only Smart Stove Knob on the market that can be retrofitted onto your stove instantly transforming it into a smart appliance, providing precision, convenience, and safety during the cooking process
- How to integrate the Ome Smart Knob into your cooking routine and elevate your cooking experience
- The need for developing a cohesive ecosystem for consumers to control all their smart appliances from one place
- Akshita’s story of how and why she started Ome to solve a personal problem
- Industry trends and current challenges and opportunities for the smart kitchen technology space
- The importance of smart appliances blending into the kitchen and your current cooking habits
- What’s next for Ome and the new generation of Smart Knobs